Social scrapbooking Web site Pinterest has added a new "Send" feature to its service.
The site's new "Send" button now allows users to forward and share pins with Pinterest and Facebook friends as well as email contacts. When a user sends a pin, his or her friend will receive a notification in their email. If the friend then repins, likes or comments on the pin, the original user will be notified as well.
Following in the steps of Twitter, Facebook (FB), LinkedIn (LNKD) and Google (GOOG)+, Pinterest now allows users to mention a friend within a pin as well, by using the @ symbol followed by his or her user name.
The features are the latest in Pinterest's growing list of new additions. Recently, it added a feature that will alert users if they're about to create a duplicate pin. The site also revamped its mobile applications, adding popular features from its Web platform.
The chatter on Main Street (a.k.a. Google, Yahoo! and other search sites) is always of interest to investors on Wall Street. Thus, each day, TheStreet compiles the stories that are trending on the Web, and highlights the news that could make stocks move. -- Written by Brittany Umar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV