Tech blog All Things Digital reported that Yahoo! is in serious talks with Tumblr executives about the potential acquisition.
Tumblr, a blogging site with an emphasis on sharing photos and videos, just reached 100 million blogs a little over a month ago. According to All Things Digital and Adweek, Yahoo! could be eyeing Tumblr in an effort to attract more users in the 18-24 years-old age bracket.
The reports come on top of Yahoo!'s announcement of a partnership with Twitter to bring real-time tweets to the Yahoo newsfeed. Yahoo! will now post Tweets alongside stories in effort to engage readers and help them discover more relevant content. CEO Marissa Mayer detailed the move in a blog post, where she said the integration will roll out to all U.S. desktop and mobile Web users over the next few days.Yahoo! has made a series of acquisitions since Mayer became CEO, including Summly, Astrid, Milewise and GoPollGo.
A report from the Fair Labor Association said employees at Foxconn factories in China continue to exceed the country's limit on working hours. Foxconn, which has come under fire for labor violations, operates factories where Apple (AAPL) products are assembled. Apple has urged its suppliers to improve labor conditions over the past few years. It has been a member of the Fair Labor Association since 2012. The report founds that workers at two Foxconn factories put in between 40 and 60 hours per week, exceeding China's cap of 40 hours per week and 36 hours maximum overtime per month. Apple and Foxconn have agreed to comply with limits on working hours by July 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV