NATICK, Mass., May 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE:BSX) is scheduled to participate in Digestive Disease Week (DDW®) 2013, May 18-21 in Orlando, Fla. More than 24 clinical presentations will feature new data and analyses on products including the Boston Scientific SpyGlass® Direct Visualization System, WallFlex® Biliary RX Stent System and Expect® 19 Flex Endoscopic Ultrasound Aspiration Needle.
"The insights and data included in these presentations further demonstrate the commitment of Boston Scientific to provide value to healthcare professionals and patients," said David Pierce, president, Endoscopy, Boston Scientific. "As we continue to evaluate and improve our broad portfolio for the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases, we look forward to continuing to collaborate with healthcare professionals to provide breakthrough innovations designed to enhance patient lives."
The SpyGlass Direct Visualization System, WallFlex Stents and Expect 19 Flex Needle will be available for demonstration at the Boston Scientific booth, #1549, throughout DDW. The company will also offer hands-on product demonstration sessions in its Simulated Clinical Endoscopy Suites and at its booth stations for GI Stents, Core Biliary, Visualization and Therapeutics for ERCP, Hemostasis, Dilation, Tissue Acquisition and Enteral Access. For more information on Boston Scientific endoscopy products, visit www.bsci.com/endo-resources.
Schedule of Key Podium and Poster Presentations (partial listing)Poster presentations are scheduled from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET at the Orange County Convention Center in Hall West A1. All clinical data results are under embargo until the start of each scientific presentation and 8:00 a.m. for poster presentations. Saturday, May 18
- Endoscopic Placement of Self-Expanding Metal Stent for Gastric Outlet Obstruction Treatment: Data from a Large Series of Patients Roberto Di Mitri, M.D., will present results of a study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of self-expanding metal stent (SEMS) placement in a large consecutive series of patients with malignant inoperable gastroduodenal obstruction. The findings will be presented during a poster session. Abstract# SA1598
- Changing Trends in Tissue Acquisition in Pancreatic Diseases Shyam Varadarajulu, M.D., will present results of a study which compared the frequency of use, hospital costs and variation in practice patterns between endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), percutaneous and surgical techniques for tissue acquisition in pancreatic diseases. The findings will be presented during a topic forum on Saturday from 4:30p.m. to 4:45p.m. in Room 109A. Abstract# 196
- Partially Covered Nitinol Versus Partially Covered Steel Self-Expandable Metal Stent in the Palliative Treatment of Malignant Distal Biliary Obstruction: Final Results from a Prospective, Randomized Multicenter Trial Farshad Frozanpor, M.D., will present results from a prospective, randomized, multicenter trial which evaluated stent patency, survival and complications after endoscopically-placed SEMS in patients with distal non-resectable malignant bile duct obstruction. Patients were randomized to receive a partially covered WallFlex Stent or WALLSTENT®. The findings will be presented during a topic forum from 8:15a.m. to 8:30a.m. in room 308D. Abstract# 288
- Choledocholithiasis Refractory to Conventional Endoscopic Extraction: Treatment with SPYGLASS-Guided Holmium LASER Lithotripsy Dimitrios Xinopoulos, M.D., will present results from a study which assessed the efficacy and safety of SpyGlass-assisted intracorporeal laser lithotripsy for difficult-to-treat biliary stones. The findings will be presented during a poster session. Abstract# SU1415
- Stent Removability and Mid-Term Stricture Resolution After Multi-Month Metal Stenting of Benign Biliary Strictures: Interim Report From an International Prospective Trial in 187 Patients  Guido Costamagna, M.D., will present interim results of this prospective trial to determine removability and long-term effectiveness of fully-covered self-expanding metal stents (FCSEMS) for treatment of benign biliary strictures. The findings will be presented during a poster session. Abstract# SU1430
- Diagnostic Value of SPYGLASS for Pancreatoscopy in the Diagnosis of Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasm of the Pancreas (IPMN) Emiri Kita, M.D., will present results from a study which evaluated the clinical value of the SpyGlass System to aid physicians in the diagnosis of IPMNs. The findings will be presented during a poster session. Abstract# MO1470
- Meta-Analysis Comparing Rates of Complications Between the Standard 19G and 22G/25G Needles for EUS-Guided FNA of Pancreatic Lesions Shyam Varadarajulu, M.D., will present results of a meta-analysis which compared the rates of complications between the standard 19G and 22G/25G needles for EUS-guided fine needle aspiration (FNA) of pancreatic lesions. The findings will be presented during a poster session. Abstract# MO1501
- Colonic Stents as Bridge to Elective Surgery Versus Emergency Surgery for Left Sided Malignant Colonic Obstruction – A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials Naga Swetha Samji, M.D., will present results of a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials to compare the efficacy and safety of colonic stents as a bridge to elective surgery compared to emergency surgery in patients with malignant left-sided colonic obstruction. The findings will be presented during a poster session. Abstract# TU1527
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV