COMEX Gold for June delivery was falling $11.80 to $1,375.10 an ounce. The gold price traded as high as $1,391.30 and as low as $1,371 an ounce, while the spot price was off $6.60, according to Kitco's gold index.
"The gold price is still trading below the $1,400 per troy ounce mark and is threatening in the short term to fall further given that yesterday saw gold ETFs again recording outflows of 7.1 tons," Commerzbank AG wrote in a note on Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV