HOUSTON, May 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE: SWN) announced today that it has closed its recently announced acquisition of approximately 162,000 net acres in the Marcellus Shale in Pennsylvania. The properties were acquired from Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE: CHK) and its partner for approximately $93 million, excluding purchase price adjustments. Southwestern has financed the acquisition with its revolving credit facility.
Southwestern Energy Company is an independent energy company whose wholly-owned subsidiaries are engaged in oil and gas exploration and production, natural gas gathering and marketing. Additional information on the company can be found on the Internet at http://www.swn.com.
SOURCE Southwestern Energy Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV