TORONTO, May 17, 2013 /CNW/ - CIBC Global Asset Management Inc. (CGAM) today announced senior appointments to further strengthen its portfolio management team.
- Suzann Pennington, Managing Director, Chief Investment Officer (CIO)
- Stephen Carlin, Vice-President, Senior Portfolio Manager, Canadian Equities
Ms. Pennington will now oversee all of CGAM's portfolio management and research efforts. She will be focused on managing our investment teams and optimizing capabilities across all asset classes to deliver superior investment performance and manage risk for clients. A continued focus on talent management will also be integral to our pursuit of investment excellence. Ms. Pennington will remain head of equities and continue to manage the Canadian all-cap mandate.
Ms. Pennington has enjoyed a distinguished career that spans over 25 years. She has demonstrated strong leadership and has a long track record of delivering superior investment performance in her mandates. As CIO, she will be instrumental in generating solid results and leading investment teams as CIBC's asset management business enters a new phase of growth.
We are also very pleased to strengthen our team with the addition of Stephen Carlin. Mr. Carlin brings over 22 years of experience in equity investment management. Prior to joining CIBC, Mr. Carlin was Senior Vice-President, Head of Equities at Aegon Capital Management Inc. where he managed Canadian, balanced, income and dividend mandates."The success of our asset management business is driven by the quality of our investment management team," said Steve Geist, President and CEO, CIBC Global Asset Management. "These appointments further strengthen our ability to deliver superior investment results and manage risk for our clients. "We have a very strong foundation and have built positive momentum with over $80 billion in assets, strong net flows and solid performance." Asset Management has been a key growth engine for CIBC Wealth Management and plays an important strategic role for CIBC. Its vision is to be a top global asset management firm that delivers superior investment products and results for clients.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV