ATHENS, Greece, May 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diana Containerships Inc. (Nasdaq:DCIX), a global shipping company specializing in owning and operating containerships, announced today that the Company's Annual Meeting of Shareholders was duly held on May 15, 2013, in Istanbul, Turkey pursuant to a Notice of Annual Meeting of Shareholders dated April 8, 2013. Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. acted as inspector of the Meeting.
At the Meeting, each of the following proposals, which are set forth in more detail in the Notice of Annual Meeting of Shareholders and the Company's Proxy Statement sent to shareholders on or around April 8, 2013, were approved and adopted:
About the Company Diana Containerships Inc. is a Marshall Islands corporation founded in 2010 to own and operate containerships and pursue containership acquisition opportunities. Diana Containerships Inc. intends to continue to capitalize on investment opportunities by purchasing additional containerships in the secondhand market, from other companies, shipyards and lending institutions, and may also enter into newbuilding contracts with shipyards for new containerships.
(1) The re-election of Symeon Palios, Giannakis (John) Evangelou and Nikolaos Petmezas as Class III Directors of the Company, to serve until the 2016 Annual Meeting of Shareholders; and(2) The appointment of Ernst & Young (Hellas) as the Company's independent auditors for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2013.
CONTACT: Corporate Contact: Ioannis Zafirakis Director, Chief Operating Officer and Secretary Telephone: +30-216-600-2400 Email: email@example.com Website: www.dcontainerships.com Investor and Media Relations: Edward Nebb Comm-Counsellors, LLC Telephone: + 1-203-972-8350 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV