May 17, 2013
- New brand program enables original works by innovators in the fields of art, design and thought leadership
- Lincoln fosters collaboration with, sponsorship and support of "culturally progressive" individuals and their vision for making the old new again through a celebration of all things reinvented
, the luxury automotive brand, announced today the
Lincoln Reimagine Project
that will help fund fresh and relevant projects and ideas in the areas of arts and design and thought leadership.
This year, the brand invited the world to say "Hello, Again" to The Lincoln Motor Company and introduced its new premium midsize sedan, the 2013 MKZ. As the Lincoln brand was built from one man's vision, the Project's mission is to collaborate with, sponsor and support culturally progressive individuals and their vision for making old new again through a celebration of all things reinvented.
's commitment over the years to individuality and design has attracted some of the greatest innovators of our time.
is reclaiming that original spirit by celebrating other visionaries and creating a like-minded community," said
, Lincoln Group Marketing Manager. "Through the passion points of art, design and thought leadership, the Reimagine Project is looking for ideas where visionaries and innovators are enabling change in terms of creation and distribution."
The Reimagine Project will honor individuals, including innovators, visionary leaders and fellow brilliant artists. Those with projects at the tipping point of that change will receive support to help get their endeavors off the ground.
began cultivating this community earlier this year. The first funded project began in February at TEDActive, an annual gathering of curious and energetic leaders hosted by TED, the non-profit dedicated to "Ideas Worth Spreading."
A panel of TED Fellows nominated three individuals to create a special reimagined project with
's support in the areas of sustainability, technological eco-systems and music. This month these works will be finalized and their journey shared with the public through short documentaries.
's Reimagine project resonated deeply with TEDActive's community of innovative thinkers and doers," said
, TED's Head of Global Partnerships. "We're happy to partner with Lincoln on such a thrilling initiative — one that champions fresh perspectives on everything from technology and design to art and music."
Below are the collaborators and their projects:
- Aurora Robson (Project Vortex). This collective is reimagining the world of art and design by using plastic debris that would otherwise go to waste.
- Andy Cavatorta (The Dervishes) transforms music with one-of-a-kind, hand-crafted musical instruments that reflect the intimacy between the Earth's mass and the music created.
- Gilberto Esparza (Auto-photosynthetic plants). This project uses electronic media and robotics to research the impact of technology embedded in everyday life reimagining recycling consumption intertwined with technology.
The Lincoln Reimagine Project will continue to fund collaborations within the brand's passions of art, design and thought leadership and will explore unique and distinct concepts in film, theater and architecture.