BEDMINSTER, N.J., May 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP) ("the Company"), a leading global provider of online trading services, today reported operating activity for the month of April 2013.
- Retail OTC trading volume  of $145.8 billion, an increase of 3.6% from March 2013 and an increase of 25.9% from April 2012.
- Average daily retail OTC trading volume was $6.6 billion, a decrease of 1.5% from March 2013 and an increase of 20% from April 2012.
- Active retail OTC accounts  totaled 63,609, an increase of 1.6% from March 2013 and an increase of 2.8% from April 2012.
- Futures Daily Average Revenue Trades  (DARTs) were 14,773, an increase of 10.2% from March 2013.
- Total funded accounts  were 98,959, a decrease of 1.1% from March 2013 and an increase of 33.7% from April 2012.
- Total retail customer assets  were $457.0 million, representing levels consistent with March 2013 and an increase of 37.5% from April 2012.
- Total institutional trading volume  was $315.8 billion, an increase of 17.2% from March 2013 and an increase of 103.0% from April 2012.
- Average daily institutional volume was $14.4 billion, an increase of 12.5% from March 2013 and an increase of 94.6% from April 2012.
Management Comment"We are pleased to report that our positive momentum continued in April, with sequential and year-on-year volume growth across all our business lines, as improving market conditions helped boost client engagement," said Glenn Stevens, CEO of GAIN Capital. "These factors, combined with our pending acquisition of GFT, which is on track to close in the third quarter, put us in a strong position to capitalize on more favorable market conditions." GAIN will continue to release monthly operating metrics, with each month's figures being released in the middle of the following month. Historical metrics and financials can be found on GAIN Capital's investor relations website at https://ir.gaincapital.com This operating data is preliminary and subject to revision and should not be taken as an indication of the financial performance of GAIN Capital Inc. GAIN Capital undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review previously reported operating data.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV