FORT WORTH, Texas, May 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for Maker Faire Bay Area, RadioShack announced a major partnership expansion with Maker Media, the creators of MAKE Magazine, Makezine.com, and Maker Faire, to better serve the DIY community. Maker Media and RadioShack will be teaming up to collaborate on an expansive DIY product lineup, exclusively carried at RadioShack and Maker Shed, including kits, robotics and tools.
"DIY is part of RadioShack's DNA," said Dawn Callahan, vice president of merchandising, responsible for the DIY product category at RadioShack. "We're grateful to be part of a wonderfully loyal community of makers, and we listened when they told us how we can help bring their ideas to life. We're excited to deliver on that feedback with an expanded assortment, including cobranded products with the smart folks at Maker Media , as well as other products on makers' wish lists."
"Adding to the popular Make line of kits, like 'Getting Started with Arduino' the new cobranded product lineup from Maker Media and RadioShack combine Maker Media's strength in cultivating and growing the maker movement with RadioShack's strong retail footprint and DIY heritage," said Dale Dougherty, founder and CEO of Maker Media. "Our new cobranded products are designed to give makers a path to making while they continue to develop their skills and push the limits of their creativity."
The new cobranded product lineup will be available in-store and online exclusively at RadioShack later this year. In addition, MAKE Magazine will join the MAKE book lineup and will be available in stores this fall. RadioShack has an exciting lineup of additional DIY products that are available now, and with more to come throughout the summer and fall.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV