BARRIE, Ontario, May 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Shareholders, managers and employees of Student Transportation Inc. ("STI") (TSX:STB) (Nasdaq:STB), North America's third-largest provider of school bus transportation services, celebrated the 100 th consecutive monthly cash dividend paid to shareholders since the company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) just over eight years ago.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=18791
In a ceremonial event at the TSX on May 15, 2013, Student Transportation Inc. CEO Denis Gallagher presented an oversized check symbolizing the 100 th dividend payment to a long-time retail shareholder, Frank Oxley, who commented on the safety and reliability of the dividend and how impressed he has been with the company's track record of success. Gallagher credited public and shareholder trust with allowing the company to prosper and grow, and thanked Oxley for "representing all of the shareholders who have allowed us to build a tremendous company that now safely transports nearly one million students each school day.""Our dividend payments and total return have been real hallmarks of our success," Gallagher said. "Reaching this milestone is a tribute to our Board of Directors, our shareholders, dedicated management and outstanding employees."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV