JOHNSTOWN, Pa., May 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AmeriServ Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ: ASRV) announced that its Board of Directors approved a new stock repurchase program which calls for AmeriServ Financial, Inc. to buy back up to 2% or approximately 384,000 shares of its outstanding common stock. The shares may be purchased from time to time in open market, privately negotiated, or block transactions. This common stock repurchase program does not obligate the Company to acquire any specific number of shares and may be modified, suspended or discontinued at any time. As of March 31, 2013, the Company had approximately 19.2 million shares of its common stock outstanding.
Glenn L. Wilson, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented on the common stock repurchase program, "We are again pleased to return of a portion of our strong capital to our shareholders through a common stock buyback program in 2013. We completed a highly successful common stock buyback program in 2012 where we repurchased approximately 10% of our outstanding common stock at prices that allowed the program to be accretive to tangible book value per share and earnings per share. We expect that our new common stock buyback program will also have a favorable impact on these important shareholder value metrics."
ASRV had total assets of $1.0 billion, shareholders' equity of $111 million, a book value of $4.72 per common share and a tangible book value of $4.06 per common share at March 31, 2013. The Company's continued to maintain strong capital ratios that considerably exceed the regulatory defined well capitalized status with a risk based capital ratio of 16.11%, an asset leverage ratio of 11.58% and a tangible common equity to tangible assets ratio of 7.88% at March 31, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV