KUB, ITW And HON, Pushing Industrial Industry Downward
2. As of noon trading, Illinois Tool Works ( ITW) is down $0.43 (-0.6%) to $69.75 on light volume Thus far, 752,924 shares of Illinois Tool Works exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $69.60-$70.15 after having opened the day at $69.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.18. Illinois Tool Works Inc. manufactures and sells a range of industrial products and equipment worldwide. Illinois Tool Works has a market cap of $31.3 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.0, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 15.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Illinois Tool Works as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, increase in stock price during the past year and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Illinois Tool Works Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts