3 Stocks Dragging The Consumer Goods Sector Downward
1. As of noon trading, Toyota Motor ( TM) is down $1.30 (-1.0%) to $125.30 on average volume Thus far, 354,214 shares of Toyota Motor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 633,900 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $125.28-$126.24 after having opened the day at $126.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $126.60. Toyota Motor Corporation engages in the design, manufacture, assembly, and sale of passenger cars, minivans, and commercial vehicles and related parts primarily in Japan, North America, Europe, and Asia. Toyota Motor has a market cap of $196.6 billion and is part of the automotive industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 56.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 35.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Toyota Motor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Toyota Motor Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer goods sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Goods ( IYK) while those bearish on the consumer goods sector could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts