HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill.
May 16, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Kenmore, the brand that first made its mark on
, has become stitched into the fabric of American life. For a century, the Kenmore brand has been tested for living, from helping whip up birthday cakes to making post-party cleanup less work. With an eye toward the future and the benefit of 100 years of product and consumer history, the Kenmore brand announces new product innovations that meet today's life challenges.
"This is a momentous milestone for the Kenmore brand. We are proud that for 100 years, so many customers have put their trust in the Kenmore brand to be part of their homes and lives," said
, president, Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, senior vice president Sears Holdings. "With every generation comes new challenges in home life. Our focus at Kenmore is to continually offer the right innovative solutions that enable our members and customers to get more out of their lives."
History of Innovation
Over the past
, the Kenmore brand has evolved through technology, style and the specific needs of every generation. Yet, one constant remains - all Kenmore products offer keys to more living such as greater convenience, better performance and time saved. The Kenmore brand history of innovation includes:
- 1929: unveiled the Gyrator, the first wringer washer that could clean clothes in three to seven minutes
- 1950s and 1960s: brought to market the first washer and dryer combination and a pre-soak cycle, respectively
- 1980s: first to release a major refrigerator innovation - hiding coils to allow refrigerators to be pushed back against a wall
- 2010: launched Kenmore Connect ® customer service technology enabling select Kenmore and Kenmore Elite ® washers and dryers to "talk" directly to service experts via phone to diagnose problems prior to sending a technician to the home
- 2012: delivered the industry-first Grab-n-Go ™ door-in-door French door refrigerator
Beyond appliances, the brand has also focused on bolstering online properties to serve its customers before and after purchase. Via cookmore.com and shopyourway.com, Kenmore customers have access to shareable content, deals, rewards and tips. For more Kenmore brand innovations over the past 100 years, a timeline is available on
Kenmore Today: Get More Space for Every Space
In 2013, the Kenmore brand is launching a suite of home appliances that continue the brand's tradition of innovating on what matters most. Kenmore launches a 33 cubic foot French door refrigerator and 30 cubic foot side-by-side refrigerator that offer the biggest capacity option
ever from the Kenmore brand delivering "more space for every space" in their respective footprints. In addition, the new Kenmore Elite
dishwasher line up promises to clean dishes right the first time thanks to 360
technologies. Finally, the Kenmore brand continues to focus on doing chores faster and easier with its new Elite Front load washer and dryer that can clean and completely dry an entire king size comforter and bedding in one load
and get it done up to 35 percent faster
with the innovative Accela-Wash feature. Additional product details follow.
No Refrigerator on the Market Has More Capacity 
Bigger truly is better when it comes to finding enough space and easy access to items in the refrigerator. The new Kenmore Elite
33 cubic foot French Door Bottom Mount Refrigerator offers a 33 total cubic feet - 22 cubic feet of fresh food capacity and 10.5 cubic feet of freezer capacity. No other
has more total capacity. In addition, no other three-door refrigerator has more freezer capacity or more fresh food capacity.
Additional product highlights include:
- Slim In-Door Icemaker gives customers more usable capacity with 100 percent use of the top shelf and the ability to store more in the door via convenient door bins. In fact, no other French door bottom freezer refrigerator holds more 12 ounce soda cans on the top shelf 
- Two Exclusive SlideAway Shelves slide back to create more vertical space for tall items such as wine bottles and pitchers - more than two feet of total storage height
- CleanFlowª Air Filter circulates air through a charcoal filter to remove food odor and help keep the interior smelling fresh - up to 15 times more effective than baking soda
- AirTight Crisper with Moisture Lock retains moisture in vegetables longer when compared to a standard humidity crisper bin
The Kenmore Elite Trio 33 cubic foot French Door Bottom Mount Refrigerator (72092/3/9) is available in white, stainless steel and black finishes at the regular prices of
for stainless steel and
for white and black.
No Side-by-Side Refrigerator on the Market Has More Capacity 
The Kenmore brand capacity leadership also extends to the side-by-side configuration. The Kenmore Elite
30 cubic foot Side-by-Side Refrigerator is the brand's largest ever
that offers 30 total cubic feet, 30 percent more freezer space
, and room for up to eight one-gallon containers on its doors. No other side-by-side refrigerator offers more capacity
or more shelf space
Additional product highlights include:
- Increased Shelf Space with full-width glass shelves that provide wide-open spaces to store food with ease
- Four One-Gallon Door Bins move to accommodate unique storage needs; no side-by-side refrigerator has more gallon door bins 
- SpaceSaver ™ Ice System is located on the freezer door, freeing up 30 percent more freezer space , big enough to fit 10 more pizzas 
- CrisperKeeper ™ Drawers designed with an ethylene sachet, absorb the natural ripening agent given off by fruit and vegetables to extend the freshness of produce  up to 25 percent
All this extra space and added freshness contribute to customers spending less time stocking and fewer trips to the grocery store.