Tesla raised 2013 guidance based off the demand it's seeing, saying it will now deliver 21,000 vehicles this year. That's up from a previous projection of 20,000 units.
The level of positive press and announcements Tesla has received over the past few weeks has been nothing short of astounding. From Musk's tweets, to a revamped financing program, to a Wall Street analyst calling the company America's fourth automaker, to Musk buying additional stock, Tesla is enjoying more than its fair share of positive momentum.
The short-squeeze in the stock will eventually end and the company will begin to trade more on the improving fundamentals than the eight days to cover short positions. Musk's increased confidence in the company signals to shareholders the fundamentals are likely to keep improving.
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in San Francisco>Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV