VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP, Mich., May 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp. (HVCC), a global supplier of automotive climate products that is 70 percent owned by Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC), will be added to the MSCI Korea Index, effective at the close of the trading day on May 31, the MSCI announced. HVCC becomes one of 104 companies in Korea on the MSCI (Morgan Stanley Capital International) Index.
The MSCI Korea Index is a widely known, free float-adjusted market capitalization weighted index that is designed to measure the performance of the South Korea equity market. It is a component of the MSCI AC Asia ex Japan Index, which is part of the broader MSCI Global Standard Indices. The addition of HVCC to the Korea Index is among the changes announced by MSCI on May 15 as part of its semi-annual review of its various indices.
MSCI Inc., which oversees the Global Standard Indices, is a leading provider of investment decision support tools to investors globally, including asset managers, banks, hedge funds and pension fund.About Visteon Visteon is a leading global automotive supplier delivering value for vehicle manufacturers and shareholders through a family of businesses including:
- Halla Visteon Climate Control, majority-owned by Visteon and the world's second-largest global supplier of automotive climate components and systems.
- Visteon Electronics, a leading supplier of audio and infotainment, driver information, center stack electronics and feature control modules.
- Visteon Interiors, a global provider of vehicle cockpit modules, instrument panels, consoles and door trim modules.
- Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd., a successful non-consolidated China-based partnership between Visteon and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation's automotive components group, Huayu Automotive Systems.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts