Meanwhile, new positions such as Liberty Media and a rising stake in DirecTV indicate the growing presence of Combs and Weschler. While Buffett has yet to say who will succeed him in running Berkshire Hathaway, he has given unequivocal support to Combs and Weschler in managing the firm's $100 billion stock portfolio.
"We hit the jackpot with these two," Buffett wrote of Combs and Weschler, in Berkshire's 2012 shareholder letter. "In 2012 each outperformed the S&P 500 by double-digit margins. They left me in the dust as well."
"Consequently, we have increased the funds managed by each to almost $5 billion (some of this emanating from the pension funds of our subsidiaries). Todd and Ted are young and will be around to manage Berkshire's massive portfolio long after Charlie and I have left the scene."
In pre-market trading Thursday, CB&I shares were rising over 3% to $59.75.-- Written by Antoine Gara Follow @antoinegara
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV