ORLANDO, Fla., May 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today released-to-customer new advancements in business intelligence (BI) products designed to provide one suite for all insight, one place for all information and one standard for enterprise BI. The suite aims to provide the ability to incorporate more data than ever before with deeper integration to a real-time data processing platform and a single big data landscape for transactional and analytical data. With a user experience optimized for people, it is intended to connect individuals to data and contributions made by colleagues, customers and partners. The announcement was made at SAPPHIRE® NOW, being held May 14–16 in Orlando, Florida.
With the power to pull from virtually nearly unlimited sources, the 4.1 version of SAP® BusinessObjects™ BI solutions aims to enable customers to actualize their data and push resulting insights beyond data scientists directly to decision-makers and frontline workers, all in real time. The professional-grade platform is intended to set the standard for any size business, any IT infrastructure and for all users in an organization. Planned features in the latest release include:
- Unified and highly personalized platform with improved interoperability and usability across the BI suite
- Powerful visualizations, including the recently launched SAP Lumira™ software, that empower end users with industry-focused visualizations and spatial analytics
- Big data ready with support for Amazon Elastic MapReduce and Hadoop Hive. Improved access to Oracle's Exadata, OLAP and Essbase. The 4.1 release also includes enhanced workflow capabilities in conjunction with the SAP HANA® platform and SAP NetWeaver® Business Warehouse application
- New SAP® Crystal Server software and the Edge edition of SAP BusinessObjects BI software tailored to small and midsize companies
"This release will best serve our customer's needs of providing end-users with autonomy while empowering IT to provide a BI solution that allows for standardizing and sharing of information," said Adam Binnie, general manager and global vice president, Business Intelligence, SAP. "Our customers are demanding big data-ready solutions that seamlessly incorporate real time data streams and can handle multiple data sources. The 4.1 version of SAP BusinessObjects BI delivers on that promise."For announcements, blog posts, videos and other coverage during SAPPHIRE NOW, visit the SAP Newsroom. Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews and @SAPanalytics. SAPPHIRE® NOWWith SAPPHIRE® NOW, SAP offers its customers, partners and prospects even more opportunities to engage in dialogue with peers, participants and thought leaders around the globe. Being held in Orlando, Florida, May 14-16, 2013, this enhanced, real-time event connects attendees on site with global participants through state-of-the-art broadcast studios and an online experience that incorporates the latest social media and community functionality. Whether on site or online, participants can gain insight as to how SAP is delivering on its product strategy and helping organizations around the world to run better. For more information, visit www.sapphirenow.com. Follow SAPPHIRE NOW on Twitter at @SAPPHIRENOW and visit the SAP Newsroom at www.news-sap.com. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts