GLENVIEW, Ill., May 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A recent survey* from KRAFT Singles revealed that 98 percent of Americans consider themselves to be sandwich eaters, but only 10 percent consider using the grill to make hot sandwiches. With a country full of sandwich lovers and an abundance of grill-worthy summer holidays around the corner, KRAFT Singles has teamed up with Weber-Stephen Products, LLC to show Americans how to use their grills to create mouthwatering sandwiches this summer and beyond.
"Whether you're a grilling virtuoso or novice, just a few simple steps can help you master a delicious grilled sandwich," says Kevin Kolman, Weber's grilling expert. "The combination of direct and convection heat created by a covered grill makes bread crispy and helps melt cheese to perfection, making it the ideal tool for creating delectable sandwich combinations."
According to the survey, 80 percent of sandwich eaters have at least one hesitation when it comes to firing up the grill for this classic meal, from clean-up worries (39 percent) to temperature control concerns (29 percent). However, simple tips from Kraft Kitchens and Weber help make grilled sandwiches a convenient, easy and delicious culinary experience with endless possibilities.
- Start with a Clean Surface: For a perfectly grilled sandwich every time, be sure to clean the grill before every use. For a quick process, preheat the grill to 500 degrees-550 degrees F for 10-15 minutes to burn off existing residue. Once heated, brush off the loose debris with a stainless steel bristle brush.
- Patience is Key: The key to the perfect grilled sandwich is ensuring you maintain medium and direct heat of about 400 degrees throughout the cooking time - no peeking. Keeping the lid closed allows for convection heat to circulate within the grill, allowing for perfectly melted cheese.
- Crown it with Cheese: Adding cheese is the final touch to ensure all flavors blend (and stick) together in perfect harmony. Kraft offers a wide variety of sliced cheeses to complement any sandwich combination.
Grilling opens up a world of possibilities to sandwich lovers. When creating a grilled sandwich, Kraft recommends taking it one step at a time. Start by picking your staples – cheese, steak, chicken or veggies – and build the sandwich from there. Add condiments and dressings and use the grill to add layers of flavor as you build the final sandwich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV