Silver Wheaton Corporation Stock Downgraded (SLW)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- SLW's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for SILVER WHEATON CORP is currently very high, coming in at 85.20%. Regardless of SLW's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SLW's net profit margin of 64.84% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $165.61 million or 1.09% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, SILVER WHEATON CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 43.84%.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, SILVER WHEATON CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- In its most recent trading session, SLW has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100% See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.