LAVAL, Quebec, May 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE: VRX) (TSX: VRX) announced that Dr. Laurence Paul has resigned from Valeant's Board of Directors due to expanded business, philanthropic, and personal commitments. Dr. Paul was originally elected to Biovail Corporation's Board of Directors in June 2002 where he served in several capacities, including heading at various times the audit and compensation committees and multiple special committees including the one that oversaw Biovail's side of the merger with Valeant in September 2010. Since the merger, Dr. Paul has been a member of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee, the Operations Committee and the Compensation Committee and has been a key member of and previously headed the Finance and Transactions Committee.
"We want to thank Larry for more than a decade of service to the Company, first at Biovail and then, as part of the new Valeant Board," stated J. Michael Pearson, chairman and chief executive officer. "Larry has been a superb Board member for Valeant, investing his valuable time, talent, and passion to help transform Biovail and Valeant into a leading pharmaceutical company. Larry's wise counsel will be missed."
About ValeantValeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE/TSX:VRX) is a multinational specialty pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of pharmaceutical products primarily in the areas of dermatology, neurology and branded generics. More information about Valeant can be found at www.valeant.com.
Contact Information: Laurie W. Little 949-461-6002 email@example.com(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20101025/LA87217LOGO) SOURCE Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV