NEW YORK, May 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. (SBS); (NASDAQ: SBSA), today announced that its New York station WSKQ-FM "Mega 97.9FM" and WPAT-FM "93.1FM Amor" achieved significant ratings gains and strengthened its market position in Arbitron's recently-released April 2013 trend report. WSKQ-FM Mega 97.9FM a SBS New York station have captured the number one position amongst all Hispanic FM stations in the Tri-State New York market, for Adults 18-34, Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54.
- New York: WSKQ-FM (Mega 97.9FM)- #1 station amongst Hispanic Adults 18-49 with a 5.8 share, Spanish format. *Source: New York, Apr13: Metro: M-S 6am-12m Used/Average Share.
- New York: WSKQ-FM (Mega 97.9FM)- #3 overall station in the total market (m-s), among Adults 18-49 in New York regardless of language with a 5.8 share. *Source: New York, Apr13: Metro: M-S 6am-12m Used/Average Share.
- New York: WSKQ-FM (Mega 97.9FM)- "La Mega Mezcla with Alex Sensation" ( 10am-3pm)- # 1 show among Hispanic Adults 18-49 with an 8.5 share, Spanish format. # 1 show in the total market, among Adults 18-49 in New York regardless of language. *Source: New York, Apr13: Metro: M-S 6am-12m Used/Average Share.
- New York: WPAT-FM (93.1FM Amor)- continues to strengthen growth with a 150% increase from the December book ( December 2012) 1.2 share to ( April 2013) with a 3.0 share. *Source: New York, Apr13: Metro: M-S 6am-12m Used/Average Share.
Eric Garcia VP of Sales of WSKQ-FM "Mega 97.9FM" and WPAT-FM "93.1FM Amor" commented, "As WSKQ-FM 'Mega 97.9FM' and WPAT-FM '93.1FM Amor' continue to reach listeners in New York, we are confident that audiences will choose both stations over long time favorites, as demonstrated in the latest New York Arbitron rankings. The Hispanic community is growing rapidly and SBS New York will continue to provide quality, compelling entertainment to satisfy its listeners."
Jesus Salas , EVP of Programming & Multiplatform Coordinator of SBS commented, "WSKQ-FM Mega 97.9FM and WPAT-FM 93.1FM Amor ignite the passion of the entire New York market. The station has maintained a steady growth. Both stations have maintained good music and their personalities have proven to be a winning combination. Both stations have touched the lives of millions of Hispanics in New York with a direct local relationship with the listeners that no other source can provide."
WSKQ-FM "Mega 97.9FM" and WPAT-FM "93.1FM Amor" radio personalities have captured New Yorkers with the best on air content and music. The solid ratings performance confirms Spanish Broadcasting's leadership commitment to delivering the growing Hispanic consumer audience the best original programming throughout the Tri-State area.www.lamusica.com www.lamega.com www.931amor.com About Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. is the largest publicly traded Hispanic-controlled media and entertainment company in the United States. SBS owns and/or operates 21 radio stations located in the top U.S. Hispanic markets of New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and Puerto Rico, airing the Tropical, Mexican Regional, Spanish Adult Contemporary and Urban format genres. SBS has 3 of the top 6 Spanish-language stations in the nation including the #1 Spanish station in America, WSKQ-FM in New York City (WPAT is ranked #3 and KLAX is ranked #6). The Company also owns and operates MegaTV, a television operation with over-the-air, cable and satellite distribution and affiliates throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. SBS also produces live concerts and events throughout the country and operates LaMusica.com, a bilingual Spanish-English online site providing content related to Latin music, entertainment, news and culture. The Company's corporate Web site can be accessed at www.spanishbroadcasting.com. Media & Press Contact : Vladimir Gomez , Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc., Director Marketing & Communications (305) 644-4817, email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV