PYDS Reports Earnings For First Quarter Of 2013
SAN ANTONIO, May 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Payment Data Systems, Inc. (OTCBB:PYDS) an integrated electronic payments solutions provider, today announced financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2013.
Revenues were $1,059,503 for the first quarter of 2013 down from $1,295,870 for the first quarter of 2012 due to lower transaction volumes in echeck processing. The operating loss for the quarter ending March 31, 2013 was $222,658 when compared to an operating income of $58,981 for the first quarter of 2012. Net loss for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 was $232,432 down from a net income of $69,072 for the first quarter of 2012.
Highlights for the first quarter of 2013 include:
- Credit card and debit card processing transactions were the highest the Company has ever experienced in any previous quarter in our history and represented an 18% growth in dollars processed over the same period in 2012.
- Prepaid card sales were also up significantly as compared to the volumes in the same period in the prior year and represented an increase of 165% in sales over the same period in 2012.
- Cash and cash equivalents grew to $2,401,047 in the first quarter of 2013 from $2,179,657 the first quarter of 2012.
- Total current assets grew to 2,630,415 in the first quarter of 2013 from 2,381,561 in the first quarter of 2012.
- Total current liabilities improved to $1,895,012 for the first quarter of 2013 as compared to $2,428,271 in the first quarter of 2012.
- Working capital improved to $735,402 in the first quarter of 2013 as compared to negative working capital of $46,709 in the first quarter of 2012.
- Total transaction dollar volume processed exceeded sixty million dollars.For complete financial results, please view our 10Q which was filed with the SEC today.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV