OMAHA, Neb., May 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Union Pacific Railroad today announced a billboard campaign aimed at encouraging drivers and pedestrians to cross tracks only at approved railroad crossings.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/union-pacific-railroads-public-safety-campaign-reminds-drivers-and-pedestrians-to-always-expect-a-train-207577261.html
At the center of the campaign are billboards that include important safety tips such as "Always expect a train," "Trains travel 41 feet in the blink of an eye. Look again." and "Some shortcuts cut your life short." The campaign also features Spanish-language billboards with the phrase "Cuidado con el tren," (Use caution around trains).
These messages will be displayed on billboards during the next six months in 12 cities:
- San Antonio
- Ennis, Texas
- Laredo, Texas
- Lufkin, Texas
- Midland, Texas
- Odessa, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
- Plaquemine, La.
- Fresno, Calif.
- Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Grade crossing education and enforcement, during which motorists violating rail crossing signage and laws are educated about the dangers of such actions. Related "positive enforcement" initiatives reward drivers who operate safely at grade crossings.
- Safety trains, hosting local law enforcement, media and public officials and providing them the opportunity to ride in the locomotive cab and see traffic violations from a locomotive engineer's point of view. This also allows Union Pacific to connect with community leaders and help them better understand the railroad's safety focus.
- Communication blitzes, which educate the public via community events, media outreach and paid advertising. Media outreach coincides with safety trains in UP communities.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts