MIAMI, May 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. (the "Company" or "SBS") (Nasdaq:SBSA) today reported financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2013.
|(in thousands)||March 31,||%|
|OIBDA, a non-GAAP measure*:|
* Please refer to the Non-GAAP Financial Measures section for a definition and reconciliation from a non-GAAP to GAAP financial measure.Discussion and Results "We generated double digit increases in our revenue and cash flow during the first quarter," commented Raul Alarcon, Jr., Chairman and CEO. "We are benefitting from the investments we have made in our multi-media platform and sales efforts, as we expand our revenue profile and drive creative marketing opportunities for our advertising partners. Leveraging our audience reach and relationships in the talent arena, we have increasingly demonstrated our ability to drive attendance at special events and deliver returns on our investment. At the same, we continue to carefully manage our costs and expect our TV operations to return to profitability for the remainder of the year. Our audience shares have remained strong and we are seeing an improvement in the advertising environment. As a result, we remain optimistic that we can continue to generate improved results in the year ahead."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts