JERSEY CITY, N.J., May 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company, Inc. (NYSE MKT: AXN) ("Aoxing Pharma"), a specialty pharmaceutical company focusing on research, development, manufacturing, and distribution of narcotic, pain-management, and addiction treatment pharmaceuticals, today announced its financial and operational results for the three and nine month periods ended March 31, 2013. Complete financial results can be found in the Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed by Aoxing Pharma on May 15, 2013.
Revenues for the three and nine months ended March 31, 2013 were $1,885,133 and $7,804,664, respectively, representing a 4% and a 43% increase over the revenues realized in the comparable periods of fiscal year 2012. The increase in revenue was mainly attributable to the increase in sales of our main product, Zhongtongan, which is now being marketed for gynecological and orthopaedic applications in addition to its core pediatric and stomotological market. Sales of Zhongtongan accounted for 91% of sales during the quarter ended March 31, 2013.
Aoxing Pharma completed a $10.2 million financing at the end of September 2012, which allowed it to make some crucial investments in the future of its business. Operating expenses, therefore, were swelled during the second and third quarters of fiscal 2013 by two categories of targeted investment:
- Research and development ("R&D") expenses were $186,972 during the three months ended March 31, 2013 and $1,406,631 during the nine month period then ended, in both cases representing a significant increase over R&D expense in fiscal 2012.
- Selling expenses in the amount of $2,662,948 incurred during the three months ended March 31, 2013 and $4,977,821 during the nine months then ended were, in both cases, several fold higher than the selling expenses incurred during fiscal 2012. The increase in selling expenses was attributable to the addition of 90 employees to the sales staff, increases in travel expenses, and the expenses of an expanded advertising and marketing campaign. Recently, Aoxing Pharma signed advertising contracts totaling approximately $3.66 million with four different television stations, covering the period from January 2013 to December 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV