NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- I sat down with Jim Cramer today to discuss the International Energy Agency report and how it might translate into some actionable ideas. One idea for the long term is in refining.
With the IEA calling for another 4 million barrels a day of crude supply coming on line in North America over the next five years, there will be an inevitable glut of crude that our demand just cannot use up. But as of now, exporting domestic crude is not permitted by law.
But exporting of refined products is. I can make a strong case for the very profitable business of gasoline and heating oil arbitrage, particularly between the U.S. and Europe. One of the refiners that is poised on the East Coast to take advantage of that increasing cheap supply and European arbitrage opportunity is PBF Energy (PBF).
I talk more about PBF and other refiners in
the video I shot with Jim above.
At the time of publication, Dicker was long CVRR, although positions may change at any time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV