Sessions to focus on value-added advice
TORONTO, May 15, 2013 /CNW/ - Morningstar Research Inc., a Canadian subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN), a leading provider of independent investment research, is hosting its 10 th annual investment conference for financial advisors Wednesday, June 5, at The Carlu in Toronto.
This year's conference emphasizes value-added advice. Conference sessions will explore the factors that advisors can control in improving the investor experience, the tremendous opportunities for advisors who are willing to embrace today's challenges, the growing importance of advice during difficult market conditions, and holes in the retirement safety net.
The conference agenda features:
- A popular macroeconomic outlook session led by Douglas J. Porter, chief economist and managing director, BMO Capital Markets; Wilfred Hahn, HAHN Investment Stewards; and Nelli Oster, investment strategist, BlackRock.
- Michael S. Falk, CFA, partner at Focus Consulting Group, will discuss the future of the retirement market.
- David Blanchett, head of retirement research for Morningstar Investment Management, will explain how "gamma-optimized" portfolios can generate more income for retirees.
- Larry Siegel, director of research for the CFA Institute, will examine the long-term economic outlook for lower rates of population growth and higher per-capita income.
- A panel of Morningstar experts will discuss portfolio construction and views on best practices for serving retail investors. Panelists are Paul Kaplan, research director for Morningstar Canada; Christopher Davis, director of fund analysis for Morningstar Canada; Scott Burns, director of global fund research for Morningstar, Inc.; and Hal Ratner of Morningstar Investment Management.
- Margaret Franklin, CEO, Marret Private Wealth Inc., will explore how client needs and advisor services have changed dramatically.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV