TJX Companies (TJX), which owns TJ Maxx, Home Goods, Marshalls and Sierra Trading Post narrowed its earnings guidance for the first quarter, which also ended on May 4, to 61 cents to 62 cents per share, following strong same-store sales in the final four weeks of the quarter. TJX posted earnings per share of 55 cents in the April 2012 quarter.
The Framingham, Mass.-based company said last week that April sales 9% to $2 billion. Total quarterly sales rose 7% over the year prior to $6.2 billion. Still comparable store sales for the quarter rose just 2% compared to the year earlier period.
Macy's quarterly dividend is now 25 cents per share compared to 20 cents a share, previously. It's share repurchase program now totals $2.6 billion. Since resuming its share repurchase program in August 2011, Macy's has bought back approximately 60.3 million shares for approximately $2.2 billion through May 4, 2013.Macy's reaffirmed its forecast for comparable sales growth of 3.5% this year. The company also reiterated its guidance for earnings per diluted share in fiscal 2013 of $3.90 to $3.95. -- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. Follow @LKulikowski To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. >To submit a news tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV