PLEASANTVILLE, N.J., May 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Comcast is welcoming back New Jersey shore customers, many of whom were impacted by Superstorm Sandy in October 2012. The company, which upgraded 144 miles of infrastructure supporting the hardest hit Jersey Shore communities, is also announcing newly-renovated service centers with increased staffing and weekend hours; additional service technicians and other benefits to help customers starting May 25. More than 170 additional technicians have been committed to maintain and improve the network in shore areas, perform installations and proactively service outside cable lines that may have been affected by storm waters and other conditions.
"We know that Hurricane Sandy complicated life for millions of people, and many of our employees and facilities were affected by the storm," said LeAnn Talbot, senior vice president of Comcast's Freedom Region. "We were here for the Jersey Shore during and immediately after Sandy, we have been here to support since then and will remain as a partner tomorrow and beyond as people and communities work to rebuild."
In time for the summer season, new and returning Comcast customers will be among the first in the state with access to a lineup of new services, including:
- The next-generation X1 Platform from XFINITY for TV, a cloud-enabled service unlike any other existing today;
- The new XFINITY Wireless Gateway with the nation's fastest wireless speeds and coverage for devices throughout connected homes;
- XFINITY Home featuring 24/7 security monitoring and a suite of home automation services that offer lighting and climate control, video monitoring, custom text and e-mail alerts and more on mobile devices;
- Thousands of additional XFINITY WiFi hotspots, allowing customers to experience fast Internet service both inside and outside of the home.
For fast and easy installations and reconnections, popular self-installation options are available, as are two-hour technician appointment windows. At Jersey Shore service centers, the number of workstations has been nearly doubled to provide more expedited, one-on-one attention for customers. This includes centers in Absecon ( Pleasantville), Avalon, Brick, Northfield, Ocean City and Wildwood.The Avalon, Long Beach Island and Pleasantville service centers have been newly renovated and, although Comcast's Ocean City facility was permanently destroyed by Sandy, two temporary trailers have been installed to service customers. A Welcome Back campaign including TV, radio and print advertising will reach customers with special offers and Comcast will host dozens of movie nights and other weekend events in shore towns.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV