NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Hit by weak offerings, losses and concerns over its future, Zynga (ZNGA) is finally getting some good news from the world of investing. Activist investor Jana Partners revealed a large stake in the social gaming company, owning more than 25 million shares.
Shares of Zynga jumped more than 7% to $3.60 after activist investor Barry Rosenstein and his fund Jana Partners released its 13F filing earlier Wednesday.
In April, the San Francisco-based Zynga said second-quarter earnings would be worse than expected, as the company continues to try to transition to consumers ever changing needs."2013 will continue to be a transition year as we face the challenging environment on the web and invest in developing the leading franchises and network across web and mobile platforms and offer our 253 million monthly players a connected experience that can follow them from work to school to home and anywhere in between," said CEO Mark Pincus in a recent press release. Zynga expects to lose between 3 and 4 cents a share in the second quartaer on revenue of $225 million to $235 million. According to a Thomson Reuters survey, analysts expect Zynga to lose 3 cents a share on $190 million in sales. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV