Allen added that cool, wet weather in North America "delayed crop planting, slowed construction activity and hurt sales of turf-care equipment."
Google (GOOG) is reportedly readying a subscription music-streaming service that would rival Spotify. Reports say the company could debut the service as early as Wednesday at its annual developers conference.
The Verge is citing sources who say Google has secured licensing deals with Sony (SNE) Music Entertainment and Universal Music Group for YouTube and Google Play.
Google currently has a cloud music service called Google Music, where users can upload as many as 20,000 purchased songs and listen to them on Android devices or over the Internet. As the Android operating system is currently the most-used smartphone software, the service could pose a challenge to Spotify, which boasts more than 24 million active users across the world.If Google debuts the music streaming service, it would beat Apple (AAPL) to the punch. According to speculation, Apple has been working on its own music streaming platform, but it has not yet been revealed.
The chatter on Main Street (a.k.a. Google, Yahoo! and other search sites) is always of interest to investors on Wall Street. Thus, each day, TheStreet compiles the stories that are trending on the Web, and highlights the news that could make stocks move. -- Written by Brittany Umar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV