THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, May 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Aegon N.V.'s Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM) on May 15, 2013, adopted all resolutions on the agenda, including adoption of the Annual Accounts of Aegon N.V. for the 2012 financial year. The members of the Executive Board and the Supervisory Board were released from liability for their duties.
Shareholders approved the final dividend for 2012 of EUR 0.11 per common share. The final dividend will be paid in cash or in stock at the election of the shareholder. The stock fraction for the final dividend in common shares will be based upon the average price of Aegon shares as quoted on the Euronext Amsterdam Stock Exchange, calculated over the five trading days from June 3 up to and including June 7, 2013. The value of the stock dividend will be approximately equal to the cash dividend.
The meeting furthermore approved of the agreement between Aegon and Vereniging Aegon regarding the conversion of Aegon's preferred shares, of which the Association is the sole owner. Upon conversion, all of Aegon's preferred shares will be exchanged for cash and common shares. It is expected that the transaction will be effectuated before the end of May 2013.For the Annual Accounts 2013, Ernst & Young was appointed as the company's independent auditor. PwC was appointed to serve as external accountant for the Annual Accounts 2014-2016. Moreover the shareholders appointed Darryl Button to the Executive Board for a four-year term, becoming Aegon's new CFO as of today. Mrs Dona Young was newly appointed to the Supervisory Board and Mr Shemaya Levy was reappointed, both for a four-year term. The full details of the resolutions approved during the AGM and further information on the final dividend of 2012 may be found in the "2013 AGM" section on Aegon's corporate website aegon.com. DISCLAIMER
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV