HARTFORD, Conn., May 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The State of Connecticut's Department of Administrative Services (CT DAS) and Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) have selected NORESCO as one of the qualified energy services providers to its standardized energy savings performance contracting program via CT DAS contract number 12PSX0153. NORESCO, a national leader in energy efficiency and energy infrastructure solutions, utilizes design-build, performance-based contracting vehicles and asset monetization solutions to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities and is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), one of the state's largest employers.
The new, standardized energy savings performance contracting (ESPC) program is part of the state's Lead By Example initiative and will be used by Connecticut state agencies and municipalities to help implement comprehensive energy-saving measures with no upfront capital. It is jointly administered by CT DAS and DEEP. Under the program, the costs of energy retrofits are paid from future guaranteed savings from utility and maintenance budgets, helping achieve budget-neutral solutions for energy efficiency and sustainability improvements.
In addition to energy benefits, the state's Lead By Example program is designed to deliver high-performance work and learning environments, significantly reduce the carbon footprint of government buildings and contribute to local economic activity. Based on studies by the National Association of Energy Service Companies and Lawrence Berkeley National Labs, the market size and potential impact in Connecticut are estimated at more than $1 billion of state and local government energy efficient capital improvements, with the creation of more than 25,000 Connecticut-based jobs. The actual economic impact will depend on adoption rates and project scopes at the agency and municipality level, with a list of qualified energy services providers available for selection.
The goals of Lead By Example are:
- To support Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's goal of making Connecticut the most energy efficient state in the nation
- To reduce energy use in state buildings by 10 percent by 2013 and an additional 10 percent by 2018, consistent with goals set by Public Act 11-80.
- Assistance and support with education about the program
- A set of ESPC contract documents pre-approved by Connecticut's Office of the Attorney General
- Energy expertise technical support
- Financial technical support
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV