JEFFERSONVILLE, N.Y., May 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Jeffersonville Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQB:JFBC) announced today first quarter net income of $905,000 or $0.21 per share compared to $1,065,000 or $0.25 per share for the first quarter of 2012. The decrease in quarterly net income was primarily due to decreases in total interest and dividend income of $695,000 and total non-interest income of $135,000, partially offset by decreases in the provision for loan losses of $400,000 and total interest expense of $211,000. The decline in total non-interest income includes a non-recurring life insurance benefit of $93,000 and gain on sale of securities of $33,000 which were recorded in the first quarter of 2012.
A cash dividend in the amount of thirteen cents ($0.13) per share on the common stock of the company was declared at the May 14, 2013 meeting of the Board of Directors. The dividend is payable on June 1, 2013 to stockholders of record at the close of business on May 27, 2013.
Jeffersonville Bancorp is a one-bank holding company, which owns all the capital stock of The First National Bank of Jeffersonville. "Jeff Bank" maintains twelve full service branches in Sullivan County, New York located in Jeffersonville, Liberty, Monticello, Eldred, Loch Sheldrake, Livingston Manor, Narrowsburg, Callicoon, Wal*Mart/Monticello, White Lake, Wurtsboro and Bloomingburg.
CONTACT: For More Information, call: 845-482-4000 Wayne Zanetti, President - CEO
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV