"With the flexibility, reliability and convenience that Zipcar membership offers, along with our wide variety of fun and functional vehicle choices, Minneapolis residents now have more options to meet their transportation needs, no matter what kind of trip they are taking," said Zipcar President Mark Norman. "We know residents of Minneapolis have made the city one of the most bike-friendly cities in the U.S. and we believe the new Zipcar program aligns nicely with the city's alternative transportation goals."
Zipcar Recommended Summer Adventures As Zipcar is expanding in the Minneapolis just in time for summer, below are a few ideas for how Zipsters can make use of their Zipcar membership while enjoying all that the local area has to offer:
- Lake Minnetonka: Load up the bikes, fishing poles or the golf clubs, and head to Lake Minnetonka in a Zipcar Ford Escape SUV. It offers plenty of room for all your gear, no matter which leisure activities you choose. Zipcar to reserve: Ford Escape SUV "Goldy"
- Mall of America: It goes without saying, but you can shop 'til you drop at the Mall of America, and have room to stash all of your bags in a Mazda 3 hatchback. Zipcar to reserve: Mazda 3 "Mall"
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts: Take your date out for a night of culture in style in a Zipcar Mercedes- Benz C300. Admission is free, so you can splurge on a set of fancy wheels! Zipcar to reserve: Mercedes-Benz C300 "Cumoletti"
Zipcar hourly and daily rates include gas, reserved parking spots, insurance and up to 180 miles of driving per day. Cars can be reserved for as short as an hour or for multiple days. Zipcar rates on vehicles in downtown Minneapolis start from $8.75 per hour and $72 per day (24 hours). For more information on joining Zipcar, visit www.zipcar.com.
About Zipcar Zipcar is the world's leading car sharing network with operations in urban areas and college campuses throughout the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Spain and Austria. Zipcar offers more than 30 makes and models of self-service vehicles by the hour or day to residents and businesses looking for smart, simple and convenient solutions to their urban and campus transportation needs. Zipcar is a subsidiary of Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: CAR), a global leader in car sharing and vehicle rental services. More information is available at www.zipcar.com.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts