NEW YORK, May 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ), today announced that China's first cross-border exchange-traded fund (ETF), based on the NASDAQ-100 Index ®, has begun trading on the Shanghai Stock Exchange. The Guotai NASDAQ-100 Exchange-Traded Fund (Symbol: 513100), sponsored by Guotai Asset Management, was created so that investors in China could easily invest in the largest and most liquid companies traded on The NASDAQ Stock Market. The listing of this product marks the first exchange-traded fund in China to provide access to the U.S. market.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=18739
Until now, investors in China have been able to access the U.S. market but only through ordinary Qualified Domestic Institutional Investor funds, most of which follow active strategies, are cumbersome to trade and involve a lengthy redemption process. The Guotai NASDAQ-100 Exchange-Traded Fund significantly enhances the efficiency of investment in U.S. securities for these investors. Additionally, because the product trades on the secondary market like any ETF, prices are transparent and transaction costs are low, making the product appealing to institutional and individual investors alike.The launch of the Guotai NASDAQ-100 ETF is a significant development for the burgeoning exchange-traded product market in China. According to BlackRock, Inc., an independent, global investment manager, year-to-date inflows into Chinese equity ETPs increased 23.4 percent to $937.4 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV