If you know what's up, you use WhatsApp. The app is consistently one of the top downloads in the iTunes store. It may cost 99 cents, but it essentially enables text messaging for free. WhatsApp also makes group messaging easy.
WhatsApp lets you put a status update, such as "at the movies," or "battery about to die." That way your contacts know why you're not getting back to them. WhatsApp also enables read receipts, so there's no need to confirm that your message was seen. Even before you send your message, it will tell you if your contact is active.The messaging app makes it easy to incorporate video and other images (such as maps) into messages. It also lets you send voice messages to your friends throughout the globe. The service is especially popular in countries with expensive SMS (standard messaging services) rates. And with over 200 million active users, WhatsApp is bigger than Twitter. WhatsApp is so popular, that it keeps fighting billion-dollar acquisition rumors. No, they are not in talks with Google or Facebook, but that doesn't mean they won't be, some day! The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, but requires iOS 4.3 or later. It is also available for Android.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV