HOUSTON, May 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- New UL-certified SafeTI™ software packages from Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) help make designing functional safety consumer applications using TI C2000™ real-time control microcontrollers (MCUs) easier and faster. The software in these SafeTI software packages is UL-certified, as recognized components, to the UL 1998:2008 Class 1 standard, and is compliant with IEC 60730-1:2010 Class B, both of which include home appliances, arc detectors, power converters, power tools, e-bikes, and many others. SafeTI software packages are available for select TI C2000 MCUs and can be embedded in applications using these MCUs to help customers simplify certification for functional safety-compliant consumer devices. Because of the similarity of the two standards, the IEC 60730 software libraries can also help assist customers developing consumer applications compliant with the IEC 60335-1:2010 standard.
The software packages include ready-to-run, simple application examples with software libraries UL-certified, as recognized components, for select TI C2000 MCUs, and can be downloaded from the SafeTI software folder, along with supporting safety manuals and user guides. The software library allows for embedding a variety of system tests required by IEC 60730 and UL 1998, which are described in the supporting safety manual. Projects built with the software library demonstrate how to create power-on self-test (POST) and periodic self-test (PST) with reporting conducted through a UART peripheral connection. The user's guide demonstrates how to integrate the testing into functional safety consumer application designs. The C2000 MCUs include a special hardware element – parallel signature analysis (PSA) – that allows for a 40-bit cyclic redundancy check (CRC) of the data bus on a cycle-by-cycle basis for additional safety without affecting the main CPU or software application.
Features and benefits of SafeTI software packages for select TI C2000 MCUs:
- Easy-to-use software library for TI MCUs with an accompanying user guide and safety manual.
- UL-Certified software, as recognized components, helps make development easier and faster on TI MCUs for consumer applications that require functional safety certification.
- Robust software package includes UL-certified software libraries and example projects ready to run on controlCARD-based hardware, a user manual and a safety manual to help speed development for many consumer products requiring IEC 60730 and UL 1998 standard compliance or certification.
Compatible with real-time performance features of the select C2000 MCUs:
- Delfino F2833x and F2832x MCUs provide up to 150 MHz of leading floating-point performance and integration to real-time control applications. The DSP-based C28x core simplifies development and delivers high performance for demanding real-time applications.
- Piccolo F2806x, F2805x, F2803x and F2802x MCUs provide up to 256 KB of low-cost, high integration, 32-bit performance, featuring architectural advancements and enhanced peripherals. There is additional flash memory and control law accelerator (CLA) for high-efficiency control loops on the Piccolo F2803x series, increased analog integration on the Piccolo F2805x series and floating-point unit plus Viterbi complex math unit (VCU) of the Piccolo F2806x series.
- SafeTI design packages: http://www.ti.com/c2x-cert-pr-lp1
- C2000 MCUs: http://www.ti.com/c2x-cert-pr-lp
- TI MCUs: www.ti.com/c2x-cert-pr-lp4
- Support: www.ti.com/c2x-cert-pr-ee
- Training: www.ti.com/c2x-cert-pr-tr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV