Redwood City, Calif., May 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today introduced Informatica Ultra Messaging SMX, the fastest and highest performing messaging software transport available based on performance benchmarking. Optimized for high speed electronic trading applications requiring the absolute lowest message latency and highest throughput, Ultra Messaging SMX delivers industry-leading sub-100 nanosecond latency with ultra-high throughput and scales linearly with message size and fan out.
SMX (Shared Memory Acceleration) is the first messaging transport to:
· Break the 100 nanosecond latency barrier. 10 times faster on average than prior industry published standards, SMX delivers consistent sub-100 nanosecond latencies on commodity high speed multicore CPU hardware.· Provide sub-100 nanosecond latency across all language bindings. SMX delivers sub-100 nanosecond latencies natively across all three major development languages - C, Java and .NET. · Support both inter-process and inter-thread communication at sub-100 nanosecond latency. At this level of high performance, SMX becomes relevant for both inter-process communication (IPC) and inter-thread communication (ITC) capabilities. Market's Fastest Messaging: Driving Profits from High Speed Trading Strategies The latest addition to the Ultra Messaging family's broad array of message transports, Informatica Ultra Messaging SMX is targeted primarily at trading firms that rely on absolute lowest latency and highest throughput communication to drive competitive advantage and alpha-generating profit strategies. This includes firms engaged in market making, arbitrage, high frequency trading, and algorithmic trading. Ultra Messaging SMX provides this absolute lowest latency natively across all major programming languages (C, Java and .NET APIs) with speeds ranging from 10X to 20X faster than other alternatives. Innovative Architecture: Closing the Latency Gap Between Processes and Threads Due to its unprecedented performance, Informatica Ultra Messaging SMX also changes the game for how messaging software can be used. Messaging software has traditionally been used for communication between multiple application processes, or inter-process communication (IPC) via shared memory. With SMX, developers can also leverage the benefits of messaging for inter-thread communication (ITC) within a single application process rather than having to develop their own shared memory ITC solution.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV