Geeknet Inc. Stock Downgraded (GKNT)
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, GKNT has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 10.05% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry average. The net income has decreased by 10.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$2.12 million to -$2.34 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$5.96 million or 58.05% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The gross profit margin for GEEKNET INC is rather low; currently it is at 20.10%. Regardless of GKNT's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GKNT's net profit margin of -11.94% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, GEEKNET INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100% See his top picks for 14-days FREE
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts