COSTA MESA, Calif., May 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pacific Mercantile Bancorp (Nasdaq:PMBC) today reported its results of operations for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012.
Pacific Mercantile Bancorp, reported that it incurred a net loss of $3.2 million, or $0.21 per diluted share, in the first three months of 2013, as compared to net income of $1.4 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, in the same three months of 2012. That loss was attributable to a number of factors, including (i) a $1.3 million, or 12.9%, decline in interest income, due primarily to continuing declines in prevailing market rates of interest; (ii) a $1.55 million increase in the provision for loan losses made primarily to offset $1.0 million of write-downs in the carrying values of certain nonperforming loans which were charged against the allowance for loan losses; (iii) a $4.0 million, or 66.3%, decline in noninterest income, of which $3.0 million was due to a decrease in mortgage banking revenues that resulted from our exit from the wholesale residential mortgage loan business in late August 2012, and (iv) a $1.1 million, or 9%, increase in noninterest expense. Partially offsetting the decline in interest income was a $669,000, or 29.2%, reduction in interest expense in this year's first quarter, as compared to the first quarter of 2012, that was primarily attributable to reductions in the volume of higher-cost time deposits due to a decision we made to not seek renewal of some of those deposits and decreases in interest rates on deposits and borrowings."I am pleased and privileged to join Pacific Mercantile Bank as its new President and CEO and look forward to the challenges and opportunities ahead to assist in guiding the Bank to the next level over the coming years," said Steven K. Buster, President and CEO of Pacific Mercantile Bank and Bancorp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV