State And Local Government Workforce: 2013 Trends
"As more employees are retiring, state and local governments are giving more attention to staff development and retaining top talent," noted Elizabeth Kellar, President and CEO of the Center for State and Local Government Excellence. "One respondent emphasized the need for succession planning for the 'huge retirement bust' while others list a growing number of positions that have been difficult to fill. So far, these talent challenges are largely invisible to the public."
"While it's good to see that the economy is improving, state and local government employment, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, continues to decline," added Neil Reichenberg, IPMA-HR executive director. "The economic recovery remains uneven and, with the impact of the federal sequestration still being uncertain, state and local governments face continued challenges. There is a need to invest in workforce development and focus on the retention of employees, especially those in hard-to-fill occupations."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV