NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- E Commerce China Dangdang (DANG), the "Amazon" (AMZN) of China, extended its recent momentum Tuesday. The stock rose more than 11% to settle at $5.17 a share as traders bet that the the company will beat earnings estimates this Thursday.
As one of the most heavily-shorted names on the street, and as the hurdle for beating earnings estimates stays low, the stock has the potential to rally after the report on any bit of good news.
Tesla (TSLA) and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters ( GMCR ) are recent examples of high short-interest names that spiked much higher after solid earnings reports forced short sellers to cover their positions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV