- Revenue increased by $5.2 million to $7.9 million
- Gross margin improved from 30.0% to 35.8%
- Strong balance sheet with $71.1 million in cash supports growth plans
- Company reaffirms full year guidance
NORTH HUNTINGDON, Pa., May 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The ExOne Company (Nasdaq:XONE) ("ExOne" or "the Company"), a global provider of three-dimensional ("3D") printing machines and printed products to industrial customers, reported financial results today for its 2013 first quarter, which ended March 31, 2013.
Revenue for the first quarter of 2013 was $7.9 million compared with revenue of $2.7 million for the first quarter of 2012, an increase of $5.2 million. Net loss attributable to ExOne for the first quarter of 2013 was $1.9 million compared with a net loss attributable to ExOne of $1.5 million for the first quarter of 2012, an increase of $0.4 million. Increased net loss was primarily the result of higher operating expenses which were partially offset by improved gross profit.
Revenue Growth Driven by Stronger Sales of 3D Printing and Laser Machines ($ in millions)
|For the Quarter Ended March 31,|
|Revenue by Product Line|
|3D Printing and Laser Machines||$ 4.2||53.2%||$ --||0.0%|
|3D Printed Parts, Materials and Other ("PSC")||$ 3.7||46.8%||$ 2.7||100.0%|
|Total Revenue||$ 7.9||100.0%||$ 2.7||100.0%|
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts