MIDLAND, Texas, May 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diamondback Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq:FANG) ("Diamondback Energy") announced today the launch of an underwritten public offering of 4,000,000 shares of its common stock, subject to market and other conditions. The underwriters will have an option to purchase up to an additional 600,000 shares of common stock from Diamondback Energy. All of the shares to be sold in the offering will be sold by Diamondback Energy.
Diamondback Energy intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to repay all borrowings outstanding under its revolving credit facility, with the balance of the proceeds to fund a portion of its exploration and development activities and for general corporate purposes, which may include leasehold interest and property acquisitions and working capital.
Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC is acting as sole book-running manager for the offering. When available, copies of the written prospectus for the offering may be obtained from Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, Prospectus Department (1-800-221-1037), at One Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10010.A registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission but has not yet become effective. These securities may not be sold nor may offers to buy be accepted prior to the time the registration statement becomes effective. A copy of the registration statement can be accessed through the website of the Securities and Exchange Commission at www.sec.gov . This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction. This offering may only be made by means of a prospectus.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV