FRISCO, Texas, May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Comstock Resources, Inc. (" Comstock" or the "Company") (NYSE: CRK) announced that it has completed the divestiture of its West Texas operations with the closing of the sale of its oil and gas properties in Reeves and Gaines counties in West Texas to Rosetta Resources Inc. (NASDAQ: ROSE). The assets sold had proved reserves of 26.8 million barrels of oil equivalent as of December 31, 2012.
Net proceeds received from the sale were $811 million, including adjustments for revenues and expenditures for activity subsequent to January 1, 2013, the effective date of the sale. The sales price is subject to final adjustment after closing to account for any additional revenues or costs attributable to the properties after the effective date. Comstock previously closed on the sale of a portion of its West Texas properties on February 28, 2013 to another party and received net proceeds of $6 million. Comstock incurred selling expenses of approximately $9 million in connection with the divestiture.
The proceeds from the sales were used to repay borrowings under the Company's bank credit facility and for other corporate purposes.
This press release may contain "forward-looking statements" as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to a number of factors and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those described herein. Although the Company believes the expectations in such statements to be reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV