HOUSTON , May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ION Geophysical Corporation (NYSE: IO) today announced that it has completed acquisition of approximately 5,200 km of new 2D seismic data offshore Suriname, the first of a regional dataset known as GuyanaSPAN TM. A portion of the data acquired covers four deep water blocks on offer as part of the 2013 Suriname licensing round. The regional, long offset data will be imaged by ION's GX Technology group using their latest WiBand TM broadband processing technology.
Doug Allinson, Vice President, Latin America for ION's GeoVentures division, said, "This new ultra-deep regional broadband multi-client program is geologically-driven and designed to complement the bid round data package offered by Staatsolie. This adds to the over 76,000 km of data in ION's existing South American data library, from the East Caribbean to Tierra del Fuego."
PSTM and PSDM deliverables will be available prior to the close of the licensing round in July. To learn more about GuyanaSPAN, visit iongeo.com/GuyanaSPAN . Visit the Staatsolie website to learn more about Suriname's fifth international licensing round.About ION ION Geophysical Corporation is a leading provider of geophysical technology, services, and solutions for the global oil & gas industry. ION's offerings are designed to allow E&P companies to obtain higher resolution images of the subsurface to reduce the risk of exploration and reservoir development, and to enable seismic contractors to acquire geophysical data safely and efficiently. Additional information about ION is available at www.iongeo.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV