CINCINNATI, May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) today announced Scott M. Henderson has been named Vice President of Pension Investment and Strategy, and Todd A. Foley has been named Vice President and Treasurer, effective with their elections by Kroger's Board of Directors expected on June 27.
Scott M. Henderson Named Vice President of Pension Investment and Strategy
Mr. Henderson, 57, currently serves as Kroger's vice president and treasurer, a position he has held since 2003. He will lead a new team that is responsible for overseeing nearly $12 billion of assets.
"We are very pleased that Scott has agreed to take on this important responsibility," said Mike Schlotman, Kroger's chief financial officer. "Scott brings investment expertise and steady financial leadership to our pension funds, as demonstrated by his more than 10 years as Treasurer and his contribution to the successful consolidation of four UFCW pension plans in 2011."Mr. Henderson joined Kroger in 1981 as manager of financial reporting in Cincinnati. He has held various positions of responsibility, including vice president and controller for the company's Dillon division and vice president of planning for Kroger. Todd A. Foley Named Vice President and Treasurer Mr. Foley, 43, currently serves as Kroger's assistant corporate controller. He replaces Mr. Henderson as treasurer. "Todd has been a valuable member of Kroger's financial leadership team for 12 years," said Mr. Schlotman. "Todd brings his financial acumen and extensive experience managing Kroger's business planning process to the role of Treasurer." Mr. Foley began his career with Kroger in 2001 as an audit manager in the Internal Audit department, after working for PricewaterhouseCoopers. He was named controller of Kroger's Cincinnati/ Dayton division in 2003 before being promoted to his current role in 2006. Mr. Foley's replacement will be named at a later date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV